Do you need to get YouTube video title, description and thumbnail!? You’ve landed on the right page! These instructions will have you up and running in about 10 or 15 minutes.
I am taking the time to write this post to save a LOT of people from a LOT of headaches! I have spent two days trying to figure out how to do a very simple thing: Get the YouTube video information or data such as the YouTube title, YouTube Description and thumbnail, for a project I am creating.
I thought it would be easy, but NO! There are HUNDREDS of buggy, broken, outdated, antiquated, archaic and obsolete discussions, code snippets, scripts and posts. I FINALLY figured out what to do, so I am sharing what I have found here, because I know there are thousands of other people scratching a bald spot into their head out of frustration.
Get YouTube Video Information with PHP: Instructions
- The first thing you need is a Google API. Go here. Sign in with your Gmail/google account email. If you don’t have one, go get one. You’ll need it: Gmail
- Then find the link that says: “Create project”; ican be located at the top of the page, in a dropdown menu. The name of the project can be the name of your website or something.
- Then click on “Credentials on the left menu”.
- Click “Create Credentials”
- Click “API Key”.
- BANG! YOU have your API.
- Make sure the API Key is ENABLED. Click on dashboard and look at the top of the page. It will say: “Disabled” by default. Click it, then click “YouTube Data API”. Then click “Enable” at the top of that screen.
If you got lost in the instructions, just start again. The above process is all there and works, I tested it as I was typing 🙂
- This is the code you need: Get YouTube Video Information with PHP
- Add your KEY to line 47.
- Save the code to something.php and upload it to your server.
And there you have it. You’re welcome!
If you have any questions, use the comment system below.
Online Marketing: [wce_code id=5]